Hassan: An auto-rickshaw and bike parked in a shed were gutted in fire due to short circuit due to power failure at Chikkabyadigere Village near Belur Town here.
An auto-rickshaw and a bike belonging to driver Vasanth, a resident of Chikkabyadigere Village near the Town, were completely gutted in the fire. When he returned home from his normal duty and sleeping in the house next to shed, he heard the sound of an explosion in the early hours of the morning and found that an auto-rickshaw and bike had caught fire. The fire was doused with the help of local residents and fire brigade personnel.
Karnataka Rakshana Vidike Chandrasekhar said that the poor family has come on streets after losing their vehicle used to earn a living. He appealed for compensation as items worth more than Rs. 1 lakh have been completely destroyed.